- The round shape of the RBBR makes it easier to rotate the carrier mass, allowing carrier filling ratios up to 90% and reduced costs for air blowing.
- RBBR technology can be used in a wide range of water treatment systems. Currently the RBBR is utilized in municipal and industrial wastewater treatment, car washes and recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS).
- The carrier elements provide optimal surface for biofilm growth.
- The water cleaning takes place on the surface of the carrier, where a stable biofilm is formed.
- Air is blown into the bioreactor to make the carrier rotate. The circular shape of the reactor ensures that the whole carrier mass is moving, leaving no dead zones or excess biomass inside the reactor.
RBBR provides many benefits:
- Self-cleaning and practically maintenance-free
- No dead zones or accumulation of excess biomass inside the reactor
- High carrier filling ratio (up to 90%)
- The RBBR comes in different sizes (1, 4, 10 and 20m3 are the standard sizes)